Friday, July 22, 2011

ImPRESSion




As I sip on my Americano and folding our coffee towels, I am pondering about how important my customers are to me. I've noticed since working here that I am here for more than just a day job, or something to fill my time. Rather, its about finding my purpose and living out my passion in the coffee world. Being able to hand over a cup of coffee to a customer is more than offering a good cup of coffee. Its making a positive impression on individuals that are only expecting a cup of coffee.

Customer service and how I treat my customers is such a huge deal to me. If I am not in a good mood or having a bad day, it's amazing how in one instant I could ruin someone's day. I have learned to take care of myself and my body before I start work so that I am well prepared to make a good difference in my customers lives and in the lives of who I work along side as well. Even if I interact with them only for that few minutes while the customers drop in and out, it only takes that long to either make or break someones day.


This may sound strange, but I find that coffee is the link to connecting with people. There is something about coffee that has fully enhanced its own culture. It's own vibe in the world. Even if you aren't a coffee drinker, there is still this connection that is taking place. Whether you are coming in to the coffee house to grab a muffin, the opportunity of making that impression is still up for grabs. There are many who come in to Coco Bean who don't like coffee, but always comment on the atmosphere and warm customer service. Now, I am not trying to ring my bell and brag, but its really the culture of coffee shops that are inviting and that impression does make a difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment